In today’s health conscious society, more and more people are turning to “health food” and looking for healthier oils to cook with. Research shows that the latest nutritional thinking about fats is the need for more good fats to ensure a healthier lifestyle. To meet this new trend, Dow AgroSciences has formulated a cooking oil that is primarily of good fats and is called NeuVida Omega-9 Cooking Oil. Yee Lee is proud to be associated with Dow AgroSciences and to bring this oil into our market.
It has higher Omega-9 oleic acid than olive oil.
Omega-9 oleic acid is a healthful fatty acid our body needs to maintain a healthy heart. For our body to be able to absorb certain vitamins and minerals (which are oil-soluble like vitamin E), we need a sufficient amount of omega-9 oleic acid to help assimilate it. Better absorption of vitamins and minerals will lead to better health and ultimately a better immune system.
It has the lowest saturated fat content among all oils.
Saturated fat and trans fat are the leading causes of high cholesterol levels that can lead to coronary diseases, high blood pressure and breast cancer. Thus, a healthy diet must be low in these bad fats. Among all the cooking oils in the market today, NeuVida Omega-9 Cooking Oil has the LOWEST saturated fat content, even lower than olive oil. And it contains ZERO trans fat.
Naturally Healthy. Naturally Stable.
NeuVida’s fatty acid profile is naturally healthy. Best of all, it is naturally stable, even under intense heat of 250°C. Most oils would have oxidized and polymerized. This makes NeuVida such versatile oil for every style of cooking; from salads to baking and deep-frying.
HEALTHY RECIPES MADE WITH NEUVIDA OIL
CARROT AND WALNUT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Carrot & Walnut Cake
220g self raising flour
4g baking soda
3g ground cinnamon
180g Neuvida Omega 9 Cooking Oil
172g brown sugar
248g grated carrot
86g walnut, chopped
1 nos orange rind
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sift (A) together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk (B) together and add in (C) one at a time and beat till thick and creamy.
- Add in (D) until combined then fold in (A).
- Pour batter into an 8 inch cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
80g unsalted butter
140g cream cheese
90g icing sugar
¼ tsp vanilla essence
For the frosting, beat butter till creamy and then add in cream cheese and icing sugar. Stir well then add in vanilla essence. Continue to beat till smooth and fluffy.
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
1/8 cup Neuvida Omega 9 Cooking Oil
75g white sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
110g plain flour
1/8 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup dried cranberries
¾ cup pistachio nuts
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
- Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12×2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 135C.
- Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
1 bowl mixed leaves salad
8 cherry tomatoes
Handful toasted walnuts or almonds
Honey mustard dressing
1 cup honey
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
2 -3 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup Neuvida Omega 9 Cooking Oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp course black pepper
1 tbsp roasted white sesame (optional)
- Soak salad leaves and rockets in icy cold water.
- For the honey mustard dressing, mix together all the ingredients.
- Place salad leaves, cherry tomatoes and toasted nuts on a salad plate and drizzle salad dressing over them.
- Serve chilled.
If you are interested to know more about NeuVida oil or to sample the delicious recipes we have created, please visit Yu Yan Sang roadshow on the following dates and venues:
|02-Sep||EYS Shaw Parade||3pm-4.30pm|
|22-Sep||EYS Taman Selayang Jaya||3pm-4.30pm|